Peer Leadership Training
Fall 2017 thru Winter 2018:
Oct. 23, 2017 - Feb. 14, 2018
APPLICATIONS OPEN SEPTEMBER 29!
Over the course of the program’s history there have been several initiatives designed and implemented by our participants including a training for teen and young adults (ages 15 - 21) to take part in intensive meditation practice and in turn provide their own guidance during a youth led, after-school drop-in meditation group offered weekly to peers.
We have built on this history to offer a full peer leadership training program for experienced participants.
Peer Leadership Training provides current skills and knowledge to support participants' facilitation of guided meditations, small group discussions, games, cooking and other mindfulness techniques. We support our participants in developing and maintaining such offerings in their schools and communities!
- 2017-2018 Peer Leadership Training Applications open September 29!
- Space available for 7 (seven) peer leader trainees!
- Applications due Monday, October 9*
- Acceptance Letters Emailed by Monday, October 16
- Program Dates: Mondays & Wednesdays | 4-6p | Oct. 23, 2017 - Feb. 14, 2018˘
*Applications received after this date will be placed on our waiting list.
˘No sessions during the following dates in support of New York Public Schools Spring Recess: 11/22, 12/25/17 - 1/3/17 (return 1/8/18) and 1/15/18.
Meet some of our Peer Leaders: