12-Week Internship Program at Brooklyn Zen Center
Spring 2018 | Feb. 26 - May 23
Twice a week participants (ages 14 - 18) explore contemplative practices through mindfulness, meditation, group dialogue, journal reflection, mindful cooking classes, visual art, dance, mindful movement, site visits, and more. The program will close with the presentation of a co-created visual or audio project.
In the end, participants will have access to and a personal understanding of mindfulness tools and techniques that they may share with peers, family, and friends.
Participants will receive a monthly stipend ($50/week) and healthy snacks provided each day.
- Applications are now closed - Our program is currently full, yet, you may still apply and your application will be placed on our waitlist. We will inform you by Wednesday, March 14 if we are able to place you.
- For ages 14 - 18
- Space available for fifteen (15) interns!
- Final acceptance letters emailed by Wednesday, March 7
- Program Dates: Mondays & Wednesdays | 4-6p | Feb. 26 - May 23˘
- All AYP Interns have the option to be automatically registered for our One-Day Teen Retreat on Saturday, March 3. Please select "yes" when answering the final question on the internship application or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applications received after this date will be placed on our waiting list.
˘No sessions held between March 30 - April 6 in support of New York Public Schools Spring Recess.
Access Notes to BZC: There is one short flight of stairs leading to the entrance to the building. Please press 3-0 to be buzzed in. The center is located at the top of a steeper second staircase of 28 steps. A ramp and elevator are available via an alternate entrance; please email or call in advance if you need access. Chairs, benches, and extra support cushions are available. We are not yet a fragrance-free space; our hand soap is scented with essential oils. If you have any additional questions about accessibility, please contact us at email@example.com / (718) 701-1083.